Terms and Conditions
United Consumer Awareness Association Terms & Conditions:
- MEMBERSHIP: UCAA Membership is mission oriented and provides consumer related
information and programs encouraging more positive consumption of information, products and services for the benefit of families nationwide. Member means a person whose membership has been accepted by the Association. Optimum One Health Membership in the UCAA also includes association limited insurance benefits, non-insurance association benefits, and consumer discount savings.
- MEMBERSHIP PAYMENTS: You hereby authorize the Association or its' designated membership administrator to charge your credit card or bank account using the billing information supplied by you for the Membership charges selected by you every month. Your initial membership payment will be processed immediately upon enrollment. Your monthly recurring payment due date will be charged as follows: Enrollments received between the 1st and the 15th will be charged on every 15th of the month. Enrollments received between the 16th and the last day of the month will be charged on the 1st of the month. Membership is automatically renewed monthly. Non-payment of monthly membership fees will result in cancellation of Membership benefits.
- CANCELLATION: If you are not completely satisfied, you may call 888-633-5080 to cancel at any time. You will be sent a full refund of the first months' membership fee only if cancellation is received either in writing to UCAA administration, 160 Eileen Way, Syosset, NY 11791, by fax to (516) 576-9268 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org within thirty (30) days from your enrollment date. The Member enrollment fee is non-refundable, except where refund provisions for such are specified by state law. Refunds take 2 - 4 weeks for processing. When insurance claims are submitted during the first thirty (30) days of membership you agree that such a submission constitutes acceptance of the membership, the products and their terms and submission of such a claim constitutes a waiver of any and all refund rights. For cancellations after the first 30 days, you must provide notification in writing, by fax or e-mail prior to your next monthly payment due date to prevent another automatic bill from occurring. If you cancel, membership will terminate at the end of the billing cycle for which you have paid. Please call 888-633-5080 to confirm your request for cancellation was received.
- ADDITIONAL MEMBERSHIP MATERIALS: If you lose or require additional Membership materials, the cost for additional membership fulfillment booklets or cards requested after the first 30 days of the plan effective date, are as follows: a) No charge for an e-mailed package. b) $15 per membership fulfillment booklet and $8 per 2 membership card package. These materials will be sent via certified mail.
- MEMBER PROXY: UCAA is a not for profit association wherein officers and directors may hold meetings from time to time. Enrollment signifies your acceptance to designate and appoint the Secretary of UCAA in office at any particular time and from time to time as your proxy and agent and attorney-in-fact to receive all notices of meetings of the members, to attend and vote on your behalf at any and all meetings of the members, to execute consents and to otherwise act for you in the same manner and with the same effect as if you were personally present. You hereby authorize your proxy to substitute any other person to act under this proxy, to revoke any substitution, and to file this proxy and any substitution or revocation with UCAA. You hereby understand and agree to this proxy as a voluntary designated appointment and that you have a right to receive all notices of meetings of members and to attend such meetings and vote thereat. Should you wish to do so, you will notify the Secretary of UCAA of your desire in this respect.
- THIRD PARTY INSURANCE DISCLAIMER: UCAA is not an insurance company and does not sell insurance. All insurance matters are handled directly with licensed companies. UCAA assumes
no liability or risk with regard to insurance services and neither receives nor processes premiums or claims and receives no commission with regard to insurance processed. The insurance coverages are made available by licensed insurance companies which issued master policies to UCAA.
- THIRD PARTY DISCLAIMER: Association is not a merchant, manufacturer, or a provider of any savings programs or Services included in membership. UCAA may change service providers at its sole discretion. Providers of services at discounted pricing receive no reimbursement from UCAA. UCAA assumes no liability or risk for payment for services to these providers. Discount medical plans are included at no extra charge as part of membership and are administered by a licensed Discount Medical Plan provider.
- RELEASE: Benefits are to be used at your sole discretion. Each Member, for himself/herself, and on behalf of any Family Member who uses the Program membership ("Membership Participant"), hereby forever releases, acquits, and discharges each of the Association and its employees, officers, directors, agents, affiliates and third party providers from any and all liabilities, claims, demands, actions, and causes of action that such Member, Membership Participant, of Member's legal representative(s) may have by reason of any damage or personal injury sustained as a result of or during the course of the use of any Member benefits or Program service ("Service"). The sole recourse available to a Member, Membership Participant, or Member's legal representative(s) against Association will be cancellation of the Program membership as provided in Paragraph 3 of this Agreement.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT: All provisions under this Agreement constitute the entire Agreement between the Company and the Member. If any provision is declared void under the law, that provision is severable and the remainder of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
- HEADINGS. The headings or captions provided throughout this Agreement are for reference purposes only, and will in no way affect the meaning or interpretation of this Agreement.
- WAIVER OF BREACH. A waiver of Association of a breach of any provision of this Agreement will not be deemed a waiver by Association of any other breach of the same or different provision.